See the circular that details what is likely to be introduced:
At the AGM on Tuesday 24th October 2017, the group ratified a new constitution and charter, and selected seven scouters to be the new-version Group Council prior to applying next year for charitable status:
Group Leader: Ken Mason
Chairperson: Brendan Hoyne
Secretary: Erma Murphy
Quarter-Master: Andy Callinan
Group Trainer: Debbie Whelan
additional member: Rob Chaney
Jamboree on the Trail (J.O.T.T.) hike
Sunday 14th May
- Leave Scout Den at 10am
- Drive to Grange Crag (other side of Tullaroan) GPS 52.6597,-7.5432
- Walk through woods, up to Wellington Tower, and back; total 5km
- Return to Den at approx. 1pm
- Please bring in a small rucksack:
- wet weather gear (rain coat, and water-proof trousers if owned)
- small packed lunch and water
- Please wear:
- walking boots or decent footwear (no plimsolls, sandals or wellies!)
- beaver jumper and necker
Please text Rob by Friday evening, if going on hike. If need be, we will run a car pool.
Next Tuesday 16th May – No meeting at Den – meet at 6:45pm at Cillin Hill
- Pick up at 9:30pm
- No entry fee, but they should be sent with some spending money for refreshments etc.
- MUST WEAR BEAVER JUMPER and NECKER – entry refused if not in full uniform.
“Special Deal”- to save the hassle of queueing up, we can pre-order a combo-deal:
- POPCORN or CANDYFLOSS &
- SOFT DRINK/STILL WATER FOR ONLY €5
If you and your son would like to avail of this option, you must text Rob by Thursday night to confirm this, so that they can be ordered with Fossetts
The One Programme has been going through a review for the last few months.
Here is a report on the process so far:
Registration is at 11:45 – PROMPT
We will be in the swimming pool first, so it would be best if they had their togs on underneath their trousers, with spare underwear in the bag
Click here for more info:
Please read attached info regarding this Saturday’s trip to Dublin Zoo for the Tuesdays beaver colony:
Have a look at the new design for the Scouting Ireland website:
Group Council is to meet on Tuesday 7th February 8:15pm at the Den.
All scouters welcome.
County Board meeting is occurring the following evening in Borris, 8:15pm. All scouters in the county are welcome.